UNISA Undergraduate Qualifications 2019 – 2020
Apply for admission
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification.
- Everyone completing a Higher Certificate or Alternative Pathway / Extended Programme must apply for admission to the follow-on qualification.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
What’s new for 2018?
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie either semester 1 or semester 2).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
Why happens if I don’t accept Unisa’s offer?
- The university will withdraw your offer and give your space to another applicant.
- You will not be able to register for the 2018 academic year.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1 or semester 2). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Check your documents & confirm that you are ready to apply
Please note that if you don’t meet the exact requirements listed below, your application will be declined and you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
I am sure…
- that Open Distance Learning (ODL) and Unisa are for me
- about my career
- that I have chosen the correct Unisa qualification(s) for my career choice
- that I meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice
- that I have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
I have the following documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
*Some qualifications may require additional documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and / to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offence in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
I am sure that my documents are scanned according to the rules
Follow the instructions carefully when completing the online application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)
How to apply?
Ways to apply
- You can apply online.
- Applicants who plan to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement may apply via the relevant TVET college or at Unisa via the online or self-help options.
Upload supporting documents